This is a notice to inform you of our policy about all information that we record about you. It sets out the conditions under which we may process any information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us. It covers information that could identify you (“personal information”) and information that could not. In the context of the law and this notice, “process” means collect, store, use, amend, deliver, disclose, delete or otherwise act on information.
We regret that if there are one or more points below with which you are not happy, your only recourse is to leave our website immediately.
We take seriously the protection of your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that all visitors to our website are entitled to know that their personal data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party.
We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us. Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any information collected through our website.
2. Type of information we collect and store
We collect information when you come directly to use Aventus IT services through our website. To provide full range of services we will collect some or all of the following information:
- Personal contact details such as name, title, addresses, telephone numbers, and personal email addresses;
- Date of birth, social security number and/or other government issued identifiers in connection with post-offer background checks, where applicable
- Your CV, professional social media profile such as LinkedIn, cover letter, application forms and other information regarding your employment history such as dates of employment, job titles, job descriptions, skills, reason for leaving, previous salary and benefits information, any websites or blogs you own or have contributed to, any photographs contained in your CV or professional social media profile, areas of interests, notice periods/availability for employment;
- Your salary or other remuneration expectations and details of any offers made by us to you and your responses;
- Interview history, questions, notes and technical assessment results and analysis;
- Information obtained when conducting a post-offer background check, where applicable, such as relative to references, criminal history, credit history, drug-check, finger-print check, and other screening results that may be applicable;
- Your feedback on recruitment process;
- How you heard about Aventus IT or any specific position;
- Any requests for reasonable accommodations;
- Information to assess your right to work in the hire location, such as for example work permit status;
- Details of communications with you, how you interact with email communications and marketing communications;
3. The bases on which we process information about you
The controller of the processing of the personal data is the website operator UAB AIS Consulting. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and UK GDPR require us to explain the valid legal bases we rely on in order to process your personal information. As such, we may rely on the following legal bases to process your personal information:
Consent. We may process your information if you have given us permission (i.e., consent) to use your personal information for a specific purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
Legal Obligations. We may process your information where we believe it is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations, such as to cooperate with a law enforcement body or regulatory agency, exercise or defend our legal rights, or disclose your information as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
Vital Interests. We may process your information where we believe it is necessary to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of a third party, such as situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person.
In legal terms, we are generally the “data controller” under European data protection laws of the personal information described in this privacy notice since we determine the means and/or purposes of the data processing we perform. This privacy notice does not apply to the personal information we process as a “data processor” on behalf of our customers. In those situations, the customer that we provide services to and with whom we have entered into a data processing agreement is the “data controller” responsible for your personal information, ‘and we merely process your information on their behalf in accordance with your instructions. If you want to know more about our customers’ privacy practices, you should read their privacy policies and direct any questions you have to them.
4. Specific use of information provided to us
Sending a message to our support team: when you contact us by e-mail, we collect the data you have given to us in order to reply with the information you need. We keep personally identifiable information associated with your message, such as your name and email address so as to be able to track our communications with you to provide a high-quality service.
Complaining: when we receive a complaint, we record all the information you have given to us. We use that information to resolve your complaint.
We are entitled to process personal data also for other purposes if they are necessary for performance of the obligations provided by the law or if such goals are justified for performance of the agreements entered into with and/or between the users.
5. Transfer and disclosure of personal data
We may need to share your personal information in the following situations:
We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
We may share your information with our affiliates, in which case we will require those affiliates to honor this privacy notice. Affiliates include our parent companies and any subsidiaries, joint venture partners, or other companies that we control or that are under common control with us.
Where you are represented by a recruitment agency, we will share information about your recruitment activity (such as interview feedback, any offers etc.) so they can discuss this with you.
We may also use third party communication providers to help us manage communications around our recruitment and information campaigns.
We may also need to use third party service providers, for example, to help us manage our applicant tracking system or to host our websites or servers. We may also use a third party to assist in administration and analysis of our technical assessments. Where we need technical testing of your skills, we may use third party providers to undertake the testing on our behalf. We may typically share your name and contact information, primary skills, the role or the type of role you are applying for and your resume or CV, if required. We put contractual terms in place to protect your personal data.
We may need to disclose all or any part of your personal information if required to do so by law, or pursuant to a request from a governmental or regulatory entity/body or if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to (1) comply with legal or regulatory requirements or for the purposes of compliance with legal process; (2) prevent crime; (3) prevent any terrorist activity or threat to national security; or (4) protect the safety or wellbeing of users of our staff or any other person.
We will not otherwise sell your data that you provide to us in connection with the application process.
6. Information Security and Third Parties
We are taking all necessary measures to ensure the security of personal data and avoid undue access by third parties, unauthorised disclosure, alteration or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
– We encrypt the transmission of data to our websites using high grade encryption and digital certificates. We constantly review and test our encryption and security measures to ensure they are appropriate;
– We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorised access to systems;
– We restrict access to areas of our systems where personal information is stored to those our employees who need to know that information to be able to carry out our day-to-day business activities. The people who access these areas are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations.
In order to ensure information transmission within the world wide web environment, Aventus IT recommends that before starting the use of the website, the user makes sure that the information is kept secure when being online, the computer is equipped with a working and up to date antivirus software, as well as that the computer’s operating system is equipped with the latest available safety improvements.
7. Access to your own information, marketing and account deletion.
Marketing. We will never pass your personal details on to third parties for marketing purposes without your explicit consent. Where you are an existing customer or have previously requested the use of our services, we may use your personal information to inform you about relevant services and offers. You can opt out at any time by changing your contact preferences within the personal profile area. If you choose to unsubscribe, we will still provide you with statements, legal notices and other important information such as changes to your existing services to meet our legal and contractual obligations to you.
Account deletion. If you wish us to delete your personal date you can send as a request for account deletion to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Retention of Data
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize such information, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
9. Other matters
If you are in any way dissatisfied about how we process your personal information, you have a right to contact the data protection supervisory authority of Republic of Lithuania.